Thursday 12 January 2012

BRYAN FERRY MARRIES 29-YEAR-OLD GIRLFRIEND



Roxy Music's Bryan Ferry has married girlfriend Amanda Sheppard in a "private" and "simple" ceremony. The union was sealed on the islands of Turks and Caicos, a final Caribbean* outpost for the convulsing carrion of British colonialism. At 66 Bryan is no spring chicken, more of a winter chicken burger on the way to the mouth of destiny, and he has raised many an eyebrow after marrying PR girlfriend Amanda Sheppard. She is 36 years Ferry's junior and is rumoured to have dated his son Issac.

But Ferry is not the sort of man to allow the ruffling of his feathers by critics and ill-wishers. In fact he considers the sexing of younger women almost obligatory. Following the divorce from his first wife Ferry started dating dancer Katie Turner, 35 years his junior. Ferry spoke to the Mail On Sunday about his philandering with younger women:

'The interesting thing is - and I don’t want to say the wrong thing in case I get into trouble with my girlfriend - you never really meet people your own age who aren’t married.

'I’m very fortunate that I work in music, where you’re in touch with different age groups, either the audience or people you work with.

'It does help. Obviously I’m not ageist!'


Ferry has had a string of high profile relationships including Jerry Hall, who later left him for Mick Jagger.

The story has started trending on entertainment websites and courting comment on social networks. One mildly incensed fan had this to say:

"I have a message for  Bryan - This makes you a player! but also a little odd. If I married my son's ex it would feel a little like I was staring at my own asshole for the rest of my life - sort it out Bry!"

another:

"Bryan I can't believe your girlfriend is so HOT, you've got a face like a bag of old smashed crabs! #craddlesnatcher"

Well good luck from the infinite cat - don't watch the film Damage it will keep you awake at night.


* I had a mental block trying to spell Caribbean, attempted 14 different versions before seeking help from the Dictionary. In the process of discovering the correct spelling I devised a helpful way to remember it: "In the Caribbean you carry one rib and one bean" - total genius, feel free to help your children learn with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment